We currently have vacancies for a Senior or Principal Consultant, and a Graduate Consultant. Please refer to the details below.
Job Description for Senior or Principal Consultant
We are currently recruiting for Senior and Principal Consultants, and are interested in hearing from experienced candidates who would relish the challenge of a multi-faceted role within our company. You will have an MSc or PhD in quantitative earth sciences, applied mathematics, physics, chemistry or engineering, or equivalent experience. You will also have several years of relevant experience (10 years for Principal) and be able to demonstrate:
- excellent written and oral communication skills using the English language
- an aptitude for applied problem solving
- self-motivation and initiative
- successful teamworking
- an ability to deliver high quality work to tight timescales
- experience of business development, project management and client engagement
You should have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- work in the nuclear industry, and in particular radioactive waste management planning/options assessment, disposal, nuclear safety and related fields, potentially with experience at nuclear sites;
- modelling, particularly with respect to geological characterisation, groundwater flow, gas transfer, and/or contaminant transport in geological media;
- criticality safety assessment;
- radiological risk assessment; and/or
- environmental safety case development.
You will be expected to contribute to the development of a small and dynamic company (www.galson-sciences.co.uk), and to assume a position of responsibility, which may include mentoring and training of more junior colleagues. You will work on a wide range of industry, regulatory and policy projects in the UK and overseas and will be given a unique opportunity to develop all-round experience in the nuclear decommissioning and radioactive waste management and disposal industry.
We offer a competitive employment package and flexible working conditions. Our head offices are located in a pleasant market town in the East Midlands; there is an option to work in our Harwell or Bristol office, or in other parts of the UK.
Our company is part of a major consulting and engineering group Egis (https://www.egis-group.com/). Egis is a global consulting and engineering firm working in construction, transport and mobility services. As part of your career development, we can offer a wide variety of career opportunities in more than 100 countries.
The right candidate would be expected to become part of the senior management team.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
To apply, please submit a full curriculum vitae (including academic qualifications), and a covering letter showing how your skills and experience suit this role and why you wish to work for us. Please also provide confirmation of your right to work permanently in the UK. Submit to: Mrs Burdell and Mrs Glover, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.