Collation and analysis of nuclear safety information
We have analysed incidents and events at nuclear facilities. For example, we have:
- Collated information on, and analysed, incidents and events at reprocessing and fuel fabrication plants in the UK, France and Germany. We provided information on more than 100 events.
- Compiled a list of references on safety analyses of Mixed Oxide (MOX) fuel fabrication and fuel reprocessing facilities in the UK and France.
We have also performed studies on plant and waste management safety at nuclear facilities. For example, we have carried out:
- A review of changes in technical specifications of nuclear power plants (NPPs) in France, Germany and the UK as a result of Probabilistic Safety Assessment (PSA).
- A survey on criticality safety pertaining to wet interim storage of spent fuel assemblies at NPPs in France, Germany and the UK.
- A survey on control room habitability systems at NPPs in the United Kingdom, France, Germany and Sweden.